Here you will find links to resources related to entrepreneurship.
Business Structure & Formation
Business Legal Assistance/Help
- American Fact Finder
- Fed Stats
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Research
- Economics & Statistics Administration
- FreeLunch.com (Moody’s)
- Spoke – provides detailed information for more than 60M employees at 2.3M companies.The free service is limited to 25 searches per day.
- Free Economic Data – includes economic, demographic, income and labor market information.
- AskYourTargetMarket – free if you use your own list (database) and as low as $0.95. Give it a shot.
- Thomas Register – information on various companies by industry.
- Dun’s Market Identifiers (Dun & Bradstreet) – giving you basic company data, executive names and profiles, org status and more on 28M U.S. companies.
- The Internet Public Library – ask a question or search a collection of resources on everything from Education to special collections.
- Kauffman Research Roundup – a great source for technology indicators
- ZoomProspector – allows companies to quickly identify the optimal location for their start-up, relocation or expansion.
- AmericanFactFinder – (being updated Jan 20, 2012 to include legacy data) – is the U.S. Census
- Google Public Data Explorer
Business Definitions & Glossaries
International Business Etiquette
- Kwintessential Country Profiles – Global guide to culture, customs and etiquette
International Market Research
- Market Research Guide for Exporters Identifies resources for business owners seeking to sell their products abroad.
- Country Market Research Reports on trade issues in countries across the globe.
- BuyUSA.gov Helps U.S. companies find new international business partners.
How To Expand Your Business Overseas
- How To Start an Export/Import Business
- What to Consider When Pursuing Global Markets Online
- A few myths and misconceptions regarding Globalization? by Michel Henry Bouchet
- Branding On The Global Stage by Shikatani Lacroix
- Going Global: How to Succeed in International Markets
- Effective Multi-Cultural International Business Meetings by www.culturosity.com
Learn More About International Trade
- International Trade in Northern California
- Manufacturing the Future: The Next Era of Global Growth And Innovation by McKinsey Global Institute
- Synergy in Agriculture Trade
- WEB MAGNETISM: Attracting Global Trade Online
- 7 Steps to Effective Global B2B Marketing Communications
- International Trade Resources by Marcus P. Zillman, M.S., A.M.H.A
- Your Guide to International Shipping by FedEx
- Five forces reshaping the global economy: McKinsey Global Survey results
- International Market Research Resources
- US Commercial Service Annual Report 2011
- The 10 Traits of Globally Fluent Metro Areas by Brookings Institute
- Export Nation 2013: U.S. Growth Post-Recession by Brookings Institute
Careers in Global Trade & Logistics
- Education to Employment: Designing A System That Works by McKinsey Global Institute
- North American and Global Forest Products Markets
Resources For Success
Want to study international trade or prepare for the CGBP exam yourself?
- Certified Global Business Professional via NASBITE
- CGBP Program Details
- Quizlet.com Study Materials for CGBP
- Michigan State University’s Global Edge Course
- Preliminary research on export data for Northern California
Doing What Matters Resources
- Doing What Matters For Jobs & Economy
- Doing What Matters For Jobs & Economy: Small Business Sector Profile
- Doing What Matters For Jobs & Economy: Supply Chain & International Trade Profile
- California Community Colleges Partners with United States Department of Agriculture for Economic Development Program
- SCORE. Get matched with an experienced SCORE mentor to receive free counseling and advice, in person or online.
Build, Grow, And Finance Your Business: Resources For Women-owned Small Businesses. https://digital.com/blog/
The guide offers lots of helpful information such as:
A very comprehensive guide that showcases some of the best, most useful tools and up-to-date resources available today to help women get started in running their own businesses.
Practical tips, advice, and sources of information for women looking to start a business such as how to write a business plan, how to set up a business online, how to apply for business loans and grants and the many ways to seek funding for a business.
An extensive list of agencies, advocacy groups, and organizations that offer support such as skills training, workshops, and mentorships for women-owned businesses, as well as awards and recognition that help foster competition and innovation.
Other helpful tools and resources that are aimed at helping more women become successful entrepreneurs and business owners.
General Resources for Entrepreneurs
- WordPress.com. Use WordPress.com to start a website without having to find external hosting. Choose from thousands of free templates and buy a personalized domain easily.
- WordPress.org. For those of you a little more technically savvy, wordpress.org is a Content Management System you can install on your server for optimal control of your website experience.
- Volusion. Volusion is an e-commerce solution that offers free and paid templates to easily set up and open an online web store.
- Big Commerce. Like Volusion, BigCommerce offers the option to easily set up an online store and start accepting payments.
Online File Storage
Project Tracking & Time Management
- Google Keep
- Evernote. Keep track of your life with Evernote.
- Mavenlink. Project management and online collaboration (integrates with Google accounts, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.)